On 1 Dec 2013, Sunday, we attended the City Harvest Church service at 10 am. It was a baby dedication weekend. We had registered online for our baby dedication.
As we entered the main hall, the pre-service prayer was being held by Sun Ho. At 10:10, the service started with beautiful praise and worship. After praise and worship, Pastor Kong invited parents to come forward on the stage for baby dedication. It was an exciting moment to be on the stage. Abigail was sleeping. First, we were prayed by two pastors and then by Pastor Kong and Sun Ho. They laid hands on Abigail and prayed for God’s protection, health, wisdom, and knowledge.
Check this link for more photos: https://thomasabeesh.com/2079/baby-dedication-at-city-harvest-church/
After the baby dedication, Pastor Kong shared the sermon on Praying for Healing.
He started the sermon by mentioning there are 9 redemptive (What God will do for His people) names of God in the Bible and one of them is Jehovah Rapha.
- God is a healer.
Psalm 105: 37 He brought them forth also with silver and gold: and there was not one feeble person among their tribes.Pslam 103: 1-5 Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: 3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; 4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.Isaiah 53:4-5 : Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. 5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
- Jesus died on the cross for our physical healing. Mathew 8:16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:
- Jesus had a powerful and constant healing ministry. He is always healing. Matthew 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
Matthew 8:13-16 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. 14 And when Jesus was come into Peter’s house, he saw his wife’s mother laid, and sick of a fever. 15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them. 16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick:Every one who came to Jesus, He healed them all.Matthew 9:6-7 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. 7 And he arose, and departed to his house.Matthew 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.Mark16:15-18 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
- Healing is not always instant. Mark 8:23-25 And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought. 24 And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking. 25 After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly.
- God uses doctors and medicines to cure sickness and disease. Matthew 9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.“We should not put doctors and medicine above God,” said Pastor Kong. King Asa put his faith in Doctors and not on God, due to which he died prematurely.2 Chronicles 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the Lord, but to the physicians.
5 ways to receive divine healing
- Desire – You must desire your miracle. Matthew 9:27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou son of David, have mercy on us.
- Faith – You must believe that God wants you to be healed. Mark 1:40-41 And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. 41 And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean. Mark 6:5-6 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
- Confession – You must speak out promises of God. Matthew 9:20-21 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment: 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
- Prayer – James 5:14-16 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. 16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
- Care – You must take care of your body by eating right food and proper exercise.
After the sermon, Pastor Kong prayed for healing and led the people into beautiful worship. The Anointing of God was awesome as the people sang the beautiful chorus “Alleluia”. Praise God for a wonderful time 🙂